Labrador Community Centre
The Labrador Community Centre plays a vital role in the community, providing modern and accessible spaces to hire.
The main hall is a large, versatile space used by a range of community members and organisations for dance, art, performance and fitness. The centre features four other meeting and activity rooms available for hire, where locals will find a range of publicly accessible services and training courses.
The community centre is part of a hub of tailored spaces providing opportunities and services including the Family and Children’s Centre, Women’s Space and Men’s Shed.
- Rooms can be hired seven days per week between 7am and 11pm, with the exception of Christmas Day, Good Friday and ANZAC Day when bookings are available from 1.30pm.
- If you’re attending a class or event outside of normal business hours, access is only available to the relevant room.
If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Labrador Community Centre, find out what's on at the centre on our list of regular activities that take place.
Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with the monthly updates of new activities. When you find something you like, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar has special events at community centres and other locations across the city.
Click to enlarge
The Labrador Community Centre exists to provide a convenient, safe space where the community can run special events, attend regular activities and utilise services.
- Art Gallery – available free of charge for local organisations, collectives and community groups to exhibit in the foyer as an informal gallery space, subject to certain Community Art Gallery conditions below.
- Large hall - which also has the ability to flow out into the adjoining park, making it a great location for community events and expos.
- Division 4 Councillor’s office
- Labrador Men’s Shed
- Labrador Child and Family Centre - provides integrated family services and activities, which include supported playgroups, multicultural groups, infant massage, parenting programs, counselling and a weekly child health clinic.
- Labrador Women’s Space - offers ongoing opportunities for women to educate and enrich themselves in a safe, supportive environment.
- Support the Girls - empowers and encourages self-esteem and wellbeing in women and girls by supplying them with the crucial items that they require to facilitate their overall health.
The Labrador Community Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- reception office is accessible by wheelchair
- four designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- accessible bathroom facilities provided within the centre
- lift access available
- free recharge points for electric mobility devices within the centre's foyer.
The Labrador Community Centre features some of the City’s most modern, technologically advanced meeting and multi-purpose rooms.
Everyone in the community; individuals, businesses, clubs and not-for-profit groups are welcome to take advantage of the nine professionally presented hireable spaces. Spaces that can be hired range from medium sized meeting rooms, internal and external art spaces, activity rooms and a large multi-use hall.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 57 Billington Street, Labrador
Bus: Translink Bus Route 704
Car: From M1 southbound or northbound - take exit 62.
Parking: The Labrador Community Centre/Hub has 25 dedicated car spaces including four for people displaying a disability parking permit. Extra parking is available in the Church grounds next door (Monday to Saturday).
Click to enlarge
Contact us between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Return to top
Phone: 07 5667 5986