The Albert Waterways Community Centre hosts unique community events, performances and workshops. A list of upcoming events can be found on our What's on page along with other community centre activities. Visit the page regularly for monthly updates. Contact individual event organisers directly for costs, ticketing and further information.
Our events calendar lists various events held at locations across the Gold Coast and also includes some community centre event information.
The Albert Waterways Community Centre provides a convenient, safe space where the community can hold events, attend regular activities and utilise services.
The Albert Waterways Community Centre is conveniently co-located with other City services:
The Albert Waterways Community Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- four designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways
- two accessible bathroom facilities.
The Albert Waterways Community Centre features a large multi- purpose hall capable of hosting shows and performances by providing a large stage, professional lighting, projection, sound and backstage dressing rooms. The space is also suitable for expos, community forums and conferences.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The booking information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page.
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button at the top of this page to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone. Phone 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: Corner Hooker and Sunshine Boulevards, Mermaid Waters
Bus: Translink provides over 15 different bus services from Pacific Fair Shopping Centre only a few hundred metres walk.
Tram: The Broadbeach South station is located one kilometre from the centre.
Exit: Take exit 71 onto Nerang Broadbeach Road and follow signs to Broadbeach.
Parking: The centre has 80 car parking spaces including four designated accessible parking spaces.