Mudgeeraba Old Post Office
Listed on the Gold Coast Local Heritage Register, Mudgeeraba Old Post Office was built in 1927. Once the Nerang Shire Council Chambers, it took on a new life in 1950 when a local resident bought the building and operated his post office and telephone exchange business until 1994. The Mudgeeraba Community Association led a local campaign to save the building, and with the support of local residents, the City of Gold Coast purchased the historic building for the benefit of the community.
Today, there are two small meeting rooms and a kitchen that are available for hire by the hour at very affordable rates.
- Rooms can be hired seven days per week between 7am and 11pm, with the exception of Christmas Day, Good Friday, and ANZAC Day when bookings are available from 1.30pm.
- If you’re attending a class or event outside of normal business hours, access to the relevant rooms will be provided only to those rooms.
If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group at the Mudgeeraba Old Post Office, find out what's on at your local community centre. Please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates before attending your first class.
Our Gold Coast events calendar provides details of events hosted at community centres as well as other locations across the city.
Mudgeeraba Old Post Office welcomes community members of all abilities. If you have a disability and want to find out more about the accessibility of the centre, please contact us directly.
- two designated accessible parking spaces
- wheelchair access ramp at the side of the building into the activity room
- level access into the meeting room at the rear of the building (doorway width is 760 millimetres)
There are no dedicated wheelchair bathroom facilities provided within the centre.
External services provided on site
Gold Coast Tech Space is a makerspace/hackerspace and education centre focusing on electronics, computer programming, and 3D printing. Please visit the Gold Coast Tech Space website for details.
The Mudgeeraba Old Post Office offers two rooms for hire - a meeting room and an activity room, both with access to the kitchen.
Everyone in the community - individuals, businesses, clubs, and not-for-profit groups - is welcome to hire any of the two well-presented spaces.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded from our Community centre hire information page.
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centre team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a Notice to Pay sent to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance. Details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction for the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 57 Railway Street, Mudgeeraba
Bus: Translink bus route 748 and 758
Train: The closest train station is Robina train station (2.6 kilometres by car)
Car: From M1 Northbound – take either exit 79 or 80. From M1 Southbound - take exit 79.
Parking: Mudgeeraba Old Post Office shares a carpark with other tenants that is located at the rear of the building. There are 39 car spaces, including two spaces for people displaying a disability parking permit.
Click to enlarge
Contact us between 8am and 5pm from Monday to Friday, or send us an email.
Phone: 07 5667 5986
Return to top