Our Centres are used by community groups, business, private hire and not for profit organisations to run their activities and events.
If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Nerang Bicentennial Community Centre, find out what's on at the centre on our list of regular activities that take place.
Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with the monthly updates of new activities. When you find something you like, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar has special events at community centres and other locations across the city.
A range of after school and school holiday programs for 12 to 17 year olds operate within the Centre. Please see further details on the Youth Program web page.
Nerang Bicentennial Community Centre features a fully equipped 350 seater theatre auditorium. The Centre has been the home to regular local and national dance competitions for many years because of its large stage area. Local residents also enjoy attending the weekly fitness and dance classes.
Just across the car park is the City of Gold Coast’s Nerang Administration building. On the ground floor you’ll find the Nerang City of Gold Coast Customer Service Office.
The Nerang Bicentennial Community Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically-designed features:
- two designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- accessible bathroom facility’s provided within the centre
- hearing loop positioned within the reception office
- free recharge points for electric mobility devices in the foyer.
Everyone in the community; individuals, businesses, clubs and not-for-profit groups are welcome to take advantage of the two medium-size meeting rooms, large multi-purpose room that can be used for meetings or dance and fitness classes, and the auditorium.
The auditorium has been equipped with professional sound and lighting equipment and features a 10-metre x 10-metre stage. Audio visual technicians can be hired to operate the equipment and create a professional impression for your audiences. The large kitchen can be hired so you can cater for guests in the Auditorium or Meeting Room One.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 833 Southport-Nerang Road, Nerang
Bus: Translink Route 735: Nerang to Southport
Route 736: Nerang to Pacific Fair
Route 740: Nerang to Surfers via Nerang Station
Car: From M1 Southbound or Northbound take exit 69
Parking: The Nerang Bicentennial Community Centre has 19 dedicated car spaces including two for people displaying a disability parking permit.
Community Centre visitors can pick up a parking permit at the office for parking Monday to Friday, between 7am and 5pm.