If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Southport Community Centre, find out what's on at the Centre on our list of regular activities that take place.
Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with the monthly updates of new activities. When you find something you like, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar has special events at community centres and other locations across the City.
Click to enlarge
The Southport Community Centre exists to provide a convenient, safe space where the community can run special events, attend regular activities and utilise services.
- Free wi-fi and internet - is available to visitors on their personal devices.
- Event space - with capacity for 600 people
- Woodroffe Park - adjacent park with a playground and basketball court.
- The Migrant Centre - promotes the benefits of multiculturalism, pluralism of opinion, and the contribution of all migrant communities.
- Guide Dogs Queensland - provide services to carers by appointment within their office.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
The Southport Community Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- reception office is accessible by wheelchair
- two designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- five accessible bathroom facilities
- lift access available.
Click to enlarge
The Southport Community Centre features some of the City’s most modern, technologically advanced meeting and multi-purpose rooms.
Everyone in the community; individuals, businesses, clubs and not-for-profit groups are welcome to take advantage of the 12 professionally presented hireable spaces. Spaces that can be hired range from medium to large meeting rooms, a conference room, performing arts rooms to a large multi-purpose hall.
All the rooms are equipped with the latest audio visual technology and are guaranteed to create a professional impression for the people you invite to your activity.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 6 Lawson Street, Southport
Bus: Translink Bus Route 704
Tram: The light rail station is located only 300 metres from the centre.
Car: From M1 southbound or northbound - take exit 66.
Parking: The Southport Community Centre has 30 dedicated car spaces within Woodroffe Park, including two for people displaying a disability parking permit. Parking is by permit only, supplied by the Centre.