Tugun Village Community Centre
The Tugun Village Community Centre provides residents with a versatile large hall and smaller activity room that can host everything from weekly indoor bowls competitions, workshops, fitness classes and live theatre performances. A part refurbishment in 2019 has revealed a fresh, welcoming environment and the venue is quickly becoming a social hub for locals.
For over a decade, the Tugun Theatre Company has called our stage home and had a loyal audience attendance for their four productions each year.
- Rooms can be hired seven days per week between 7am and 11pm. If you are attending a class or event outside of normal business hours, access to only the relevant rooms will be provided.
- Booking enquiries for the Tugun Village Community Centre are provided off site at a central reservation office between Monday and Friday during our office hours: 8.30am to 5pm.
Our Centres are used by community groups, business, and not-for-profit organisations to run their activities and events.
If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Tugun Village Community Centre, find out what's on at the Centre on our list of regular activities that take place. Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with the monthly updates of new activities. When you find something you like, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar has special events at community centres and other locations across the city.
The Tugun Village Community Centre exists to provide a convenient, safe space where the community can run special events, attend regular activities and utilise services.
Unique to this centre is:
- Tugun Theatre Company - a group of passionate amateur thespians who hold auditions, rehearsals and produce up to four shows a year. Contact them for more information via their website.
Other attractions nearby:
The Tugun Village Community Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- designated accessible parking space
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- accessible bathroom facility provided within the centre.
The Tugun Village Community Centre is comprised of a large multi-purpose hall with full theatre facilities including stage, back stage area and dressing rooms. The smaller activity room is suitable for meetings, dance and fitness classes and features a full length mirror, ballet barre and audio system. Kitchen facilities are also available.
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The booking information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres fees and charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Tugun Village Community Centre Booking Information Page.
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you would like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the booking enquiry form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the conditions of hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple fire, health and safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 414 Coolangatta Road, Tugun
Bus: Translink Bus Routes 700 & 760 to Golden Four Drive, Tugun
Car: Access Coolangatta Road by exit off the Gold Coast Highway at Kitchener Street when travelling south, or Loongana Avenue when travelling north on the Gold Coast Highway.
Parking: 55 car spaces are shared with the adjoining playground and community garden.
Click to enlarge
Contact us between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday or send us an email:
Phone: 07 5667 5986
If you have come across a document or content on our website that you are unable to access due to vision impairment or other print disability, please request an alternative format by phone on 07 5581 5265 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to top