Our Centres are used by community groups, business, private hire and not for profit organisations to run their activities and events.
If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Upper Coomera Centre, find out what's on at the centre on our list of regular activities that take place.
Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with the monthly updates of new activities. When you find something you like, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar has special events at community centres and other locations across the City.
A range of After School and School holiday programs for 12 to 17 year olds, operate within the Centre. Please see further details on the Youth Program web page.
The Upper Coomera Centre exists to provide a convenient, safe space where the community can run special events, attend regular activities and utilise services.
The Upper Coomera Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- reception office is accessible by wheelchair
- six designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- accessible bathroom facility’s provided within the centre
- hearing loop positioned within the reception office
- free recharge points for electric mobility devices within the Upper Coomera Centre foyer.
The Upper Coomera Centre features some of the City’s most modern, technologically advanced meeting and multi-purpose rooms.
Everyone in the community; individuals, businesses, clubs and not-for-profit groups are welcome to take advantage of the 10 professionally presented hireable spaces. Spaces that can be hired range from small private consultation rooms, an art workshop, computer room to large multi use conference rooms.
All the rooms are equipped with the latest audio visual technology and are guaranteed to create a professional impression for the people you invite to your activity.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 90 Reserve Road, Upper Coomera (parking and entry off Abraham Road)
Bus: Translink Bus Route 725
Car: From M1 Southbound - take exit 54. From M1 Northbound - take either exit 54 or 57
Parking: The Upper Coomera Centre has 155 car spaces including six for people displaying a disability parking permit.