You can pay your rates and water accounts by direct debit from your bank, credit union or building society using your cheque or savings account.
Use our online service, My Account, to set up a new direct debit or change an existing arrangement online. Visit My Account to find out more and register. If you have already created an account, use the link below to sign in and access your rates and water account information:
Access my rates and water accounts online
Alternatively, complete the downloadable version of the Direct Debit Request or Direct Debit Change Request below.
Please read the Direct Debit Service Agreement below.
You will need to select one of the following direct debit payment options:
- Due date - pay the full amount on the due date. Your rates and/or water notice will state how much will be withdrawn from your bank, credit union or building society on the due date of the notice.
- Periodic payments - you can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments and will need to state the amount, date and frequency of the payments you prefer on this form.
Before completing the direct debit request please ensure:
- you know your notice number and you are the property owner or authorised representative
- direct debit transactions are available from your account (check with your financial institution)
- your bank account will have sufficient funds on the dates you have selected for the direct debit payments.
Note: credit card accounts are not accepted.
Changes to your existing direct debit
If you have registered for our online service, My Account, you can access your rates and water accounts online (use the button above) to cancel your direct debit agreement or amend the frequency and/or the amount of the payments being debited from your bank account.
*To change your bank account details, please complete a new direct debit request. This will automatically update your bank account details we have on file for your rates and/or water accounts.
Payment arrangements (rates and water payments only)
Please note: Direct debit is a method of payment only. A payment arrangement is an option offered to customers to pay off an outstanding balance in weekly or fortnightly instalments using one of the City's payment methods, such as direct debit.
If you would like to pay an outstanding balance through your weekly/fortnightly direct debit facility, you will need to apply for a payment plan. Use My Account to request an arrangement to pay online.
Transfer of funds
You can use the online forms below to request a transfer of funds from one account (which must be in credit) to another to make a payment.
Use this form to request a transfer of funds between your rates and water accounts only.
Request transfer of funds (rates and water)
Use this form to request a transfer of funds between any account other than rates and water.
Request transfer of funds
Certain permits and licences do not attract an annual fee (e.g. resident parking permit, food business licence) and are renewed by way of acknowledgement to the City.
To find out how to renew your nil fee permit or licence online, visit Permits and licensing approvals.
Contact your bank or financial institution to make payment from your cheque, savings, debit, credit card or transaction account. For more information, visit www.bpay.com.au.
BPAY® and BPAY View® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
|Type of bill
||BPAY® biller code
||Use your notice number on your latest bill.
This is a nine-digit number, beginning with a "2".
||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with an "8").
|Business partner accounts
||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with a "9")
||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with a "1")
|Planning applications (online application only)
|Other City payments (online payment request)
Please note: Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge of 0.52%.
- Rates, water, dog registrations, licence renewals, business partner accounts, City debtors and City applications (notices to pay/bonds)
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 731 (from outside Australia call +61 7 5667 5995) any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference number: use the Notice Number.
- Planning applications
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 793 710 any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference number: use the Notice Number.
- Infringement notices
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 841 any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference Number: use the Notice Number.
Rates, water, dog registrations, licence renewals, business partner accounts, planning applications and infringements
Please forward your notice, application or payment advice along with your cheque, money order or bank draft (in Australian currency) made payable to ‘City of Gold Coast’ to: City of Gold Coast, PO Box 5042, Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9726.
If you believe you have made a payment but it has not been reflected on your account, you can submit a request for us to investigate a missing payment using the online form below.
Having the following information will assist with locating your missing payment:
- reference number used to make the payment
- receipt number
- amount paid
- date payment was made.
For further information, please contact us on the relevant number below:
- Infringements/parking - 07 5667 5989
- Infringements/all other - 07 5582 8211
- Dog licences - 07 5667 5987
- Planning applications - 07 5582 8866
- Business partners - 07 5581 6049 or 07 5581 6102
- Searches - 07 5667 5995 or 1300 366 659
- Filming permits - 07 5667 5987
- Park bookings - 07 5667 5972