Our City Cleaning team works 24x7 to keep the Gold Coast looking pristine and provides a range of cleaning services to maintain facilities and locations.
Visit our City cleaning page to find out about the team - what they do and how you can help them by reporting facilities that need cleaning.
Over 30,000 repairs and maintenance, graffiti removal and construction jobs are undertaken by the City's Building Maintenance team annually. Trades and services required include electrical, plumbing, carpentry, concreting, tiling, painting, lifts, auto doors, heating ventilation and air conditioning.
The team is responsible for auditing the condition and the repairs/maintenance of all City-built assets and structures. This includes major facilities such as:
The team is also responsible for repairs and maintenance of certain public facilities within parks, beaches or roads, including:
- beach showers
- lifeguard towers
- irrigation systems to City sporting fields and parks
- public toilet blocks
- park shelters and shade structures
- street and park furniture, including playgrounds
- timber decks and boardwalks.
We attend to 9000 requests to remove graffiti throughout the Gold Coast area annually, including from Energex assets and private property, and maintain over 6000 assets on planned maintenance programs.
Report assets needing maintenance or graffiti removal
Visit Report a problem - City parks and beaches to report City assets that need maintenance or repair online.
You can also report graffiti online. Visit Report a problem - Graffiti, rubbish and illegal dumping for more information.
Over 250 minor construction projects are undertaken each year, including:
- building alterations and refurbishments
- construction of park shelters and shade structures
- office alterations
- park barbecue installations
- street and park light installations
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning installations.
Our Parks and Landscape Maintenance team receives over 30,000 requests each year from Councillors and customers.
Our team conducts proactive and reactive maintenance on streetscapes, parklands, sporting fields, natural areas, dunal vegetation and roadsides. We look after:
- over 2000 parks, covering more than 15,000 hectares
- over 200 ectares of managed vegetated beach dune area
- Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens
- over 250 sports fields
- more than 500 playgrounds across the city
- over 800 hectares of utility reserves
- community facility land
- over 12,500 hectares of Conservation Estate (excluding National Parks and Conservation Parks managed by others)
- 9000 free trees to the community each year
- 950 trees planted annually by the City
- over 3000 rubbish bins (in precincts, parks, road reserves areas) - services from twice a day to once a week
- skateboard and BMX tracks
- landscape areas of eight aquatic centres.
Report park assets needing maintenance
You can let our team know about parks that require maintenance online. Visit Report a problem - City parks and beaches for more information.
Find some frequently asked questions about park and landscape maintenance below.
Our Roads, Drainage and Foreshore Maintenance team are responsible for:
- beaches, foreshores and waterways maintenance and minor construction
- concrete and timber vehicular and pedestrian bridge maintenance
- roads, car park and footpath/bikeway maintenance and minor construction
- storm water drainage maintenance and minor construction.
Report issues with City roads and stormwater drainage
You can report maintenance issues such as potholes and stormwater drains needing clearing online. Visit Report a problem - roads and footpaths for more information.