City of Gold Coast jobs
Working for City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding, whether you are starting a career or looking to enhance your existing experience and skills.
City of Gold Coast uses eRecruit, a self-serve portal which enables you to apply for jobs with us online, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from anywhere, using a range of electronic and mobile devices.
You can also set up job alert notifications, view the status of jobs you have applied for, track the progress of your application through the recruitment process, and receive updates from us as your application reaches various milestones.
Inclusion and diversity
Inclusion and diversity are more than just words at City of Gold Coast. We celebrate an inclusive workplace culture that promotes and values diversity. Diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective, where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas. At the City of Gold Coast all forms of diversity are seen as real value for the City and a reflection of our community.
Employment with the City
Find out about apprenticeships, student work experience and some of the benefits of employment with the City.
As an employer, the City recognises the importance of attracting and nurturing people through apprenticeship opportunities.
The City advertises apprenticeship opportunities on eRecruit when positions become vacant. These opportunities can cover a number of trades such as mechanical, painting, sign writing, plumbing, boiler making and fitting and turning. An apprenticeship term generally lasts for four years.
Anyone considering an apprenticeship with the City is encouraged to create a new account in eRecruit and register for job alerts for apprenticeship opportunities.
City of Gold Coast’s Student Placement Program aims to help University and TAFE students gain real world skills to complement their study. To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- you must be currently studying
- the placement must be a requirement or relevant to your course
- your University/TAFE must provide insurance coverage for the duration of the placement.
Register your interest to be considered for a placement by creating a new account/profile in eRecruit and submitting an expression of interest in the 'Student Work Experience' vacancy listed in the 'Latest jobs' section of this portal.
Select the expression of interest for your field of study. You will then need to register and create a profile. This will involve uploading your resume and a cover letter. Ensure your letter covers details such as your current course, the date you are available from, the total number of days you require and, most importantly, the reason/s why you want to complete your placement at the City of Gold Coast.
The number and timing of placements offered depends on the capacity of the work area to provide effective on-the-job experience. The City of Gold Coast endeavours to accommodate as many students as possible but is unable to guarantee that all or any applicants will be placed.
You will be notified by our Training Administration team regarding the outcome of your placement. For enquiries regarding the process or the outcome of your application please email TrainingAdministration@goldcoast.qld.gov.au.
Flexible work options which enhance work and life balance, generous superannuation and a social club are some of the benefits. Find out more below.
City of Gold Coast is committed to providing employees access to flexible work options that enhance their work life balance (where operational requirements permit), including:
- nine day fortnights based on 36.25 hours per week
- flexible work arrangements.
- City employees receive a generous superannuation payment - nine (9.5) per cent in the first year and 12 per cent thereafter, or 12 per cent from the first year if the employee also contributes six (6) per cent.
- The City's current Certified Agreement contains provisions for increases in pay commencing 1 July each year. See the City's current Certified Agreement for relevant increases.
- Salaries and wages are paid weekly into a nominated bank account.
- Senior executives receive vehicle allowance.
- All employees have the option to purchase a vehicle under our novated leasing scheme.
Other employee benefits
- salary sacrifice provisions, vehicles on novated lease and superannuation
- study allowance provisions (up to $1250 per semester plus time off to study), plus a strong emphasis on developing our people
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - the employee assistance program provides 24-hour nation-wide confidential counselling services for employees and their families going through personal or work related problems
- employee gyms based at the Nerang and Bundall offices
- active Social Club with weekly raffles and various events throughout the year, for example weekend shopping trips, movie nights and more
- corporate health plan with BUPA
- Commonwealth Bank (corporate bank) discounted home and personal loan rates
- provision for employees to apply for mid career breaks after seven (7) years service
- reimbursement and salary sacrifice of relocation expenses by negotiation (prior to commencing employment)
- standard four (4) weeks annual leave each year (plus 17.5 per cent loading, not including Executive positions), three (3) weeks of personal leave per annum (including leave to care for family) and a range of other generous leave entitlements
- paid maternity leave - up to twelve (12) weeks, and paid paternity leave - one (1) week
- ability to take long service leave pro-rata after seven (7) years of service.
Return to top