City of Gold Coast

Navigation Search

Rates and water pensioner concessions

If you are a pensioner, you may be eligible for:

Queensland Government subsidy

To be eligible for a Queensland Government subsidy, you must:

If you are receiving a foreign pension, you must provide proof of your foreign pension payment in the form of:

Please note: if you hold a Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (for all conditions), proof of your pension amount is not required.

To find out more about Queensland Government subsidies, visit their Property concessions pages. Here you will find details of eligibility requirements and subsidy percentages/amounts.

To enquire about your eligibility for pensioner rate and water concessions, please contact us (you may be able to apply over the phone) or complete the Application for pensioner concession on rates form.

Let us know if your circumstances change

If you are currently receiving a pensioner concession and/or rate remission on your rates and water, you do not need to re-apply unless there has been a change in your circumstances (for example, a new application would be required if you have changed from a Centrelink customer to Veterans' Affairs customer or you have moved to a new address).

For further information and assistance, contact us.

Council Rate Remission

To be eligible for our pensioner rate remission, you must:

You may be eligible for our rate remission without receiving a Queensland Government subsidy.

To apply for our pensioner rate remissions, please contact us (you may be able to apply over the phone) or complete the Application for Council rate remission form.

If you need more information, please contact us.

Related information

Back  Return to top