City of Gold Coast's water and sewerage network and assets are worth more than $3.7 billion and include:
- 266,322 drinking water connections
- 3516 kilometres of drinking and non-drinking water mains
- 56 drinking and non-drinking water pump stations
- 58 drinking and non-drinking water connections
- 7626 non-drinking and recycled water connections
- four sewage treatment plants
- 250,402 sewerage connections
- 3439 kilometres of sewer mains
- 533 sewerage pump stations
- five re-chlorination facilities
- 37,559 hydrant points for firefighting, flushing of mains and operational purposes.
Although the City is the water and sewerage service provider, the State Government owns the bulk water supply. This includes the Hinze Dam and Tugun Desalination Plant. The State Government sets the wholesale price that the City pays for water, which is passed on to customers.
The State Government owns the drinking (potable) water treatment plants.
Find more information about our water services in the fact sheet, Our role in delivering water to the Gold Coast.
The contact telephone numbers for water and sewerage enquiries are 1300 000 928 or 07 5667 5801.
All water enquiries and payments are supported across the Gold Coast at our customer service centres.
Connect with Gold Coast Water and read our latest news, reports and publications, or join our online business forum.