Gainsborough Greens Bridge
Commencing: July 2019
Completion: December 2019 (subject to change)
Refurbishment works are underway on Gainsborough Greens Bridge over the Gold Coast rail line in Pimpama.
- works to refurbish the bridge and prepare it for traffic and pedestrians including barrier and guard rail upgrades, concrete repairs, new road surface
- completion of road approaching the bridge.
Works will take place form Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am and 6pm. Considerable efforts are being made to minimise disruptions. However, local residents may notice construction noise and dust at times. No impacts to traffic are expected during construction.
Benefits for the community
- Gainsborough Greens Bridge will be open to traffic and pedestrians for the first time
- a new access point for Gainsborough Greens estate, providing a link to the new Pimpama City Shopping Centre
- reduction in traffic congestion and travel time in the area
- a new pedestrian and cyclist access will be provided, encouraging active travel in the area
- improved safety for all future bridge users.
Thank you for your patience. For more information please call 1300 GOLDCOAST (1300 465 362).
Return to top