Gaven – Glade Drive - shared path
Works are underway to construct a new shared path along Glade Drive (from Knoll Court to Entrance Road), Entrance Road and Heslop Road (from Entrance Road to Phillip Gray Road), Gaven. These works will provide a safe and accessible link from Helensvale Shopping Centre through to the residential areas of Pacific Pines. The works also include connecting the path and bus stop ramps to improve accessibility.
This project is part of our ongoing investment to extend our active transport network to create a better connected Gold Coast. The path will encourage active transport to surrounding destinations and improve network connectivity, accessibility and safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
This project will be delivered in two stages:
Stage 1: This will cover works along Glade Drive from Knoll Court to Entrance Road. This will be constructed from August 2019 to December 2019.
Stage 2: This will cover works along Entrance Road and Heslop Road. This work is programmed for construction in the 2020-21 financial year, subject to budget endorsement.
Cost: $2.08 million
- construction of a new two metre wide shared path
- upgrade and extension of the street lighting on Glade Drive, Entrance Road and Heslop Road
- new kerb ramps or upgraded existing ramps at the crossing points where necessary
- upgrades to stormwater grates, kerb and channel if required.
- To complete this project, we will need to need to remove some trees along Glade Drive. Significant efforts were made to reduce the environmental impact, including removing the minimum number of trees possible and undertaking compensatory tree planting.
- During construction there will be temporary traffic delays, noise and dust at times.
- Temporary lane closures will be required for the safety of workers and road users, and we’ll have traffic management in place. Road access will be maintained.
- To deliver the works safely, and to reduce the impact on road users, we will need to do some night works when traffic volumes are lower. We will let you know in advance of any night works commencing.
- We encourage all road users to take extra care when workers are in the area and observe traffic signs and speed restrictions. We will do our best to minimise disruptions, and we thank you in advance for your patience.
- a new shared path improving safety for pedestrians and cyclists, and encouraging active travel
- connecting existing pathways to provide a continuous pathway network
- a better connected Gold Coast.
For more information contact the Project Manager on 07 5582 9855.
Area of works
Return to top