City of Gold Coast

Navigation Search
Back  National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Permits & Licensing

Permits & Licensing Search

Information on City of Gold Coast permits and licensing requirements can be found from this page. To find a topic, scroll through the full list below (this is sorted alphabetically by category) or search using specific keywords or categories in the search fields below. Click 'Go' to activate the search.

Search results: All categories

Swimming pools


City of Gold Coast regulates swimming pools to ensure they are operated and maintained to an appropriate level that reduces risks to public health and safety.

Hostel accommodation


It is a requirement of the City of Gold Coast to monitor the standard of operations in all accommodation premises to ensure health and safety of its occupants. The City determines the standard of operation by regulating specific accommodation types

Camping areas and caravan parks


City of Gold Coast regulates caravan parks and camping areas across the city to provide appropriate facilities and ensure they are kept in clean and hygienic condition.

Temporary signs for non-profit organisations


Information about temporary advertising device licences for non-profit organisations.

Advertising devices


Find out if a licence or permit is required to display your advertising device and how to apply if applicable.

Keeping and control of animals (e.g. horse stables)


This Approval is issued under Gold Coast City Council Local Law No. 12 (Keeping and Control of Animals) and Gold Coast City Council Local Law Policy No. 12 (Keeping and Control of Animals).

Nil fees on permits and licensing


As a business-friendly organisation, Gold Coast City Council has reduced all health licensing fees to nil for eligible properties whilst still maintaining the same level of service to business.

Removable Umbrella Structures (such as semi-permanent umbrellas)


The Gold Coast’s climate lends itself to use of outdoor areas. In recent years this has led to placing such items as large umbrellas on footpaths on a semi-permanent basis.

Charitable, non-profit community, educational or religious organisations


Under Local Law No. 5 (Distribution of Business Publications and Touting) an approval is required to conduct charitable, educational or religious activities in a public place.

Flammable and combustible liquids

Dangerous Goods

The storage of dangerous goods is regulated by the Queensland Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act 2011.

Displaying 1 – 10 of 26 items
Return to top  Back