City of Gold Coast

Navigation Search

Lodge a development application

Application types

Find out about the types of development applications available for lodgement.


Applications can be submitted using the online forms available within the sections below and on the relevant application pages.

Submit a development application

Once an application has been submitted electronically using the online form, all future application correspondence must be submitted in PDF format without password protection.

Please note the online lodgement process is only available for new (initial) applications. Any additional application correspondence (e.g. information responses) should be emailed to

Application documentation is to be submitted as follows:

Register for My Account

The City has a new information technology system for major customer, property and revenue functions. As part of this new system, you can register for My Account – a secure online portal to lodge applications, access your information, request services and manage your accounts from one location.

You will need to sign in to My Account to use our ‘pay later’ option when submitting an application and requesting an invoice for payment. With My Account, you will also have 24/7 convenience to:

  • pay bills and manage your sundry debtor account
  • make service requests and track progress
  • perform property searches
  • update your details
  • lodge and track licence and permit applications
  • lodge and track development applications.

As a registered user of My Account, you have the additional benefit of personal details pre-filled in your service requests and application forms.

For more information and to register, visit My Account.

By mail or in person

By mail

Send completed relevant application forms along with a cheque* for payment of fees to:

Chief Executive Officer
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
GCMC 9726

*Please make cheques payable to City of Gold Coast.

In person

You can submit completed applications forms and make payment at any of our customer service centres.

More information

For information about application submission requirements, please see the Frequently asked questions below or call the Planning Enquiries Centre on 07 5582 8708.

Development application fees vary depending on the type of application. Refer to the Register of fees and charges for more information or do an online application fee enquiry.

Related information

Back  Return to top