Southport – Gold Coast Highway - shared path upgrade
Commencing: May 2019
Completion: Mid 2020
We are upgrading the shared path along the eastern side of the Gold Coast Highway in Southport, between Nerang Street and Stevens Street.
- works will be completed in stages along the Gold Coast Highway
- the new path will be approximately 880 metres in length and three metres wide
- temporary closure of on street parking will be required at times.
Benefits to the community
- improved pedestrian and cyclist facilities
- new active travel options to reduce congestion around the Southport CBD
- a safer shared path that makes walking and cycling an attractive alternative to the car.
We will be working to minimise disruptions. However, traffic delays may be experienced at times and local residents may notice minor construction noise.
This project forms part of our investment to extend our Active Travel network creating a better connected Gold Coast.
Thank you for your patience.
For more information contact the Project Manager on 07 5582 9052.
Area of works
Return to top