Stormwater drainage upgrades Boundary Street, Currumbin Waters
The City maintains over 2500 kilometres of stormwater drainage with an ongoing upgrade and renewal program.
As part of this program the Boundary Street, Currumbin Waters drainage catchment is being upgraded to improve flood resilience. Upgrade works will take place in three stages over several years.
Commencing: July 2018
Completion: June 2019
Cost: $2.35 million
Stage one for the project is currently underway and includes:
- construction of an underground drainage system along the southern end of Boundary Street (from Jewel Street) to the Judeller Road drainage reserve
- relocation of underground services
- shallow trenches under the road for pipe installation
- road resurfacing and new kerbs and gutters.
Extent of works
For more information contact the Project Manager on 07 5667 3837.
Commencing: June 2019
Completion: June 2020
Cost: $3.78 million
Stage 2 includes construction of a new underground drainage system at two locations:
- Northern end of Boundary Street, across Currumbin Creek Road, along Love Street, and discharging through an existing drainage path near Noojee Street.
- From the intersection of Currumbin Creek Road and Station Street and discharging along Station Street into Currumbin Creek.
Works will also involve the relocation of underground services, shallow trenches under the road for pipe installation, road resurfacing and new kerbs and gutters.
Benefits to the community
- reduce the effects of localised flooding
- reduce maintenance costs.
For more information contact the Project Manager on 07 5667 3892.
All works will take place in road reserves, on public land, pathways and open space areas.
We are working to minimise all disruptions. However partial road closures and will be in place so we can complete the works safely. Local residents may notice some construction noise, dust and vibration at times.
This project is part of our long term commitment to improve the city’s flood resilience.
Thank you for your patience during these works.
Return to top