City of Gold Coast

Navigation Search

Park bookings

The City welcomes the community to use Gold Coast parks and reserves for special gatherings such as wedding ceremonies, parties and events. Some of these uses may require approval, relevant permits and have appropriate fees/charges applied. Fees and charges may apply for the temporary use of the park for events and activities that have a commercial element such as; ticketed participation, food trucks, goods or services being provided at the event for commercial benefit. (Note: application fees are non-refundable.) This booking process is in place to prevent conflicts. 

The Gold Coast has many beautiful parks for you to choose from for your wedding, birthday party or celebration:

Wedding ceremonies

To book a park for a wedding or commitment ceremony or renewal of vows, use our online form.

Unsure about where to get married? Check out our Park wedding locations page for some ideas.

Social gatherings and private functions

A booking is required for all social gatherings of over 50 people and any gathering where infrastructure will be brought onto the parklands (jumping castle, animal-related activity) regardless of number of attendees.

For further information, visit our Social park gatherings and private functions page where you can find our online booking form.

Community events

Are you looking to host your own community event? Events which are open to the public and held on City-controlled parkland require a permit from the City.

Visit our Event organisers page for application forms and guides to help with your event planning.

Broadwater Parklands

A booking is required for activities to be held at the Broadwater Parklands. Broadwater Parklands offer exclusive use areas.

Fees and charges may apply. Download or apply online to make a booking.

Kurrawa Terrace

Kurrawa Terrace is the city’s first absolute beachfront-dedicated, fully serviced event space for unique outdoor functions.

Visit the Kurrawa Terrace venue bookings page for venue hire information and application forms.

Temporary access for private works

If you need access to a park for private works including fencing, swimming pool installation, property landscaping, scientific research, or removal of a vehicle from a property, you will be required to make an application for temporary access.
Use our online application form.

Placement of infrastructure within park or open space

A booking is required for temporary occupation of a park for construction sites and traversing of parks by vehicles for construction purposes. An entry fee, bond and rental fee will apply. The application fee is non-refundable.

Use our online application form.

Sports and recreation organisations

The City's Right of Use Program enables community organisations to lease sport and recreational facilities across the Gold Coast.

Find out more about applying for Sport Right of Use.

School sport

Schools wishing to book facilities for sport are able to apply through the City's Right of Use program for the annual use of City sport and recreation facilities.

Find out more about applying for Sport Right of Use.

Related information

Back  Return to top