The number of on-street parking permits available to you depends on the type of residence and your current off-street parking spaces. Use this table to find out how many permits you can apply for.
|Type of residence
||Number of off-street parking spaces (carport/garage)
||Maximum number of permits per premises
|House or duplex
|3 or more
||0 (not eligible)
|Unit or townhouse (see note below*)
||0 (not eligible)
|Note: Permits are not available for a unit or townhouse within a multi-level or community title building, if:
- the building has more than 30 residences and is located in the Central or Southport Traffic Areas; or
- the building has more than 20 residences and is located in any other traffic area.
A traffic area is a mapped geographical area where timed on-street parking controls apply. When applying for a resident parking permit, you will be asked to identify whether you live within one of the following designated traffic areas:
If you are not sure which area applies to you, please review the maps in the links above.
If you do not reside within one of these designated traffic areas and would like to apply for a permit, you must reside within a time-restricted parking area. In this situation, when completing the form, select ‘Other’ in the options.
Before completing the application form you will need to know your:
- street address or Lot and RP (parcel) number.
The resident must complete the application (in this case, the resident will be considered the licensee - the person who holds the resident parking permit).
You will also need:
Proof of residency (one or more of the following):
- recent electricity bill detailing applicant name and property address
- recent rates notice (owner occupier)
- signed tenancy/lease agreement.
- Body corporate/complex manager parking allocation confirmation for units only (signed letter stating number of off-street car parking spaces provided by a carport or garage allocated to the dwelling), or alternatively
- a statutory declaration detailing the above, witnessed by a Justice of the Peace.
You will need to have these documents ready to supply with your application.
- I know how many permits I can apply for
- I know what traffic area I am in (if applicable)
- I know my street address and/or Lot and RP number
- I have all the required documents ready
- I am the Licensee (resident of the property).
Submit online form
Instructions for submitting online form:
- Location search - enter your property address and click search.
- Select your property from the search results and click next.
- Identify applicable parties - add details for the licensee and contact, click next.
- Licensee is the person applying for the permit and the contact is the person the City should contact in relation to the permit.
- Licensee and contact details can be the same.
- The next button will only become available once both the licensee and contact are added.
- Complete the remaining permit details and submit.
Complete the downloadable version of the ‘Resident parking permit application' form below.