Residential care service parking permits
Residential care service parking permits are available for carers who are contracted to, or employed by, an approved home care service provider.
The permit allows the carer to park their vehicle in an on-street time restricted area of not less than two (2) hours, for longer than the specified maximum time. The permit holder must be actively carrying out their paid services while parked in the vicinity of the residence. Conditions apply.
A single permit only may be granted.
Note: This permit differs from a carer parking permit which is available for non-contractual and unpaid carers to provide care or assistance to a particular person at a specific location in a time-regulated parking area. A separate application form applies for a carer parking permit.
Conditions of use for residential care service parking permits are provided on the correspondence provided with your label and are as follows:
- The permit must be displayed in a clearly visible location inside the vehicle on the left hand side of the front dash of the vehicle.
- The permit is not valid for use in a metered space or where parking is prohibited.
- The permit is valid for use only whilst:
- the holder is actively engaged in the carrying out of the services of a current registered home care provider, and
- the holder parks the vehicle in a designated parking space and an official traffic sign for the space indicates that parking is only allowed for a specified maximum time of not less than two hours, and
- it is necessary to park the vehicle in the designated parking space for longer than the specified maximum time indicated on the official traffic sign.
- The permit is not valid for a long vehicle, motorbike, trailer or heavy vehicle.
- The permit must not be copied or reproduced.
No fees apply.
Apply for a new permit
You must be a person employed by, or contracted to the approved home care service provider* to apply for the permit (the home care service provider organisation cannot hold the permit).
* An approved home service provider is an approved provider under the Aged Care Act 1997 for a home care service.
Before completing the application form you will need to know:
- the vehicle registration number/s to be nominated on the permit.
(Note: if nominating multiple vehicles, only one permit is able to be granted for use amongst all nominated vehicles.)
You will also need:
- written evidence that you are employed by, or contracted to, an approved home care service provider (e.g. a letter from the approved home care service provider detailing their approved provider ID and identifying that you are an employee or contractor for them).
This supporting documentation is required to ensure that permits are issued only to carers who meet the eligibility criteria.
- I am employed by or contracted to an approved home care service provider
- I know the vehicle registration number/s that are to be nominated on the permit
- I have all the required documents ready.
Submit online form
Instructions for submitting online form:
- Identify applicable parties – add details for the licensee and click next.
- Licensee is the person applying for the permit.
- Complete the remaining permit details, attach the required supporting information and submit.
Complete the downloadable version of the residential care service parking permit application form below.
Change an existing permit
If you have any further queries, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 GOLDCOAST or 07 5582 8211
Return to top