Visitor parking permits
Visitor parking permits are available for residents who reside within a time-restricted parking area. The permit allows visitors attending the residence to park in close proximity to the residence for an unlimited period of time, subject to conditions.
Conditions of use for visitor parking permits are provided on the correspondence that comes with your label. The conditions that have been applied to all 2019 visitor parking permits are as follows:
- The permit must be displayed in a clearly visible location inside the vehicle on the left hand side of the front dash of the vehicle.
- The permit is not valid for a heavy/long vehicle.
- The permit is not valid for use in a metered space or where parking is prohibited.
- The permit must not be copied or reproduced.
- The permit must only be used by a person visiting or attending the residence.
Please note: Although permit holders can park anywhere within the timed traffic area, applications can only be approved where parking is available immediately adjacent to the premises and vehicles can be legally parked. For example, the area of road immediately adjacent to the premises must not have a yellow 'no stopping' line, or metered or restricted parking (loading zone). On-street parking permits are not available for heavy vehicles (vehicles in excess of 4.5 tonnes GVM or 7.5 metres in length).
An application fee and annual renewal fee applies.
View the fees and charges.
Apply for a new permit
Use this table to find out how many permits you can apply for.
|Type of resident
||Maximum number of permits per premises
|House or duplex
|Unit or townhouse (see note below*)
|*Note: Permits are not available for a unit or townhouse within a multi-level or community title building, if:
- the building has more than 30 residences and is located in the Central or Southport Traffic Areas; or
- the building has more than 20 residences and is located in any other traffic area.
The resident must complete the application (in this case, the resident will be considered the licensee – the person who holds the visitor parking permit).
To complete the application, you will need to know your:
- street address or Lot and RP (parcel) number.
You will also need:
- proof of residency (one or more of the following):
- recent rates notice (owner occupier)
- signed tenancy/lease agreement
- minimum of two bills less than six months old for utilities/phone/vehicle registration detailing applicant name and property address
- current driver’s licence detailing current address.
- I know how many permits I can apply for
- I know what traffic area I am in (if applicable)
- I know my street address and/or Lot and RP number
- I have all the required documents ready
- I am the Licensee (resident of the property)
Submit online form
Complete the downloadable version of the ‘visitor parking permit application’ below.
Change an existing permit
Find the link to frequently asked questions below.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on:
Phone: 1300 GOLD COAST or 07 5582 8211
Return to top