Gold Coast Oceanway – Tugun to Bilinga lighting upgrade
Commencing: May 2021
Completing: August 2021 (weather permitting)
We are upgrading the lighting on the Oceanway between Tugun Surf Life Saving Club (SLSC) and Bilinga SLSC.
Since the opening of this section of the Oceanway in December 2018, its popularity with residents and visitors has exceeded all expectations. The lighting upgrade will enhance the user experience during the evenings. It will improve safety and accessibility and promote active travel to surrounding destinations, aligning with the Gold Coast Active Transport Plan 2017–27.
Download: Tugun to Bilinga lighting upgrade – frequently asked questions (PDF 213kb)
The upgrade will involve removing the existing solar bollard lighting and replacing it with 6.2 metre pole lighting (inclusive of a combined LED luminaire and solar panel). Lights will dim from 9pm and shields will focus the light onto the pathway and away from residential buildings.
- Construction will start in May 2021 and will be completed in August 2021, weather permitting.
- Works will be undertaken Monday to Friday between 7am and 6pm.
- Construction will be staged to minimise disruption and maintain access to the beach.
- There will be temporary Oceanway and on-street parking restrictions and temporary changes to beach access points during construction. Signage will be in place to assist motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Local property access will be maintained at all times.
- Local residents may experience some dust and noise during construction.
We will do our best to minimise disruptions during construction and we thank you in advance for your ongoing patience.
Benefits for the community
- An enhanced Oceanway user experience during the evening
- Upgraded lighting will improve network connectivity, safety and accessibility and promote active travel to surrounding destinations, aligning with the City’s Active Transport Strategy
- A better connected Gold Coast
For more information contact the project team on 07 5582 9433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extent of works map
Tugun to Bilinga Ocean Lighting upgrade map (PDF 574kb)
Return to top