National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Permits & Licensing

Scheduled maintenance – 7.30pm Saturday 24 October to 7.30pm Sunday 25 October 2020

Some online services and payment options may be unavailable during this time. If services are unavailable, please try again later.

We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Information on City of Gold Coast permits and licensing requirements can be found from this page. To find a topic, scroll through the full list below (this is sorted alphabetically by category) or search using specific keywords or categories in the search fields below. Click 'Go' to activate the search.

  • Search results
  • Transport


Horse drawn vehicles or pedicabs carrying passengers

Find information on how to apply for a permit for horse drawn vehicles or pedicabs carrying passengers. These vehicles are considered to be tourist attractions, adding ambience and energy to the Gold Coast's streetscape.

Hot air ballooning operations

A licence is required for hot air ballooning operations, regardless of whether they launch or land on private property or City parks.

Heavy vehicle parking permit

Applications to obtain a heavy vehicle parking licence are assessed subject to criteria and conditions detailed in Council of the City of the Gold Coast Local Law No.44 (Heavy Vehicle Parking) 2007.

Aircraft operations

Aircraft operations (e.g. helicopter landings/takeoffs) must comply with the Gold Coast Planning Scheme and local laws.

Commercial vehicles

This permit is issued under Council of the City of Gold Coast Local Law No. 2 (Regulated Parking) 2008 to regulate and manage parking in commercial loading zones throughout the city.

Displaying 1 – 5 of 5 items


Top of page Top of page