banner image
Plumbing and drainage

City of Gold Coast regulates and assesses residential and commercial plumbing and drainage to ensure compliance with legislation and minimise health and safety risk.

National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Types of plumbing applications

City of Gold Coast offers a variety of application types for plumbing and drainage.

Select an option below that best suits you and follow the simple process. If you need help lodging an application, call our Plumbing and Drainage team on 07 5667 5977.

Aerial view of Jewel towers development in Surfers Paradise

Commercial applications

Commercial applications apply to sewered or unsewered multiple Class 1a buildings, factories, industrial/warehouse buildings, multi-storey residential towers, unit complexes, community title scheme development and Classes 2 to 10.

Residential house

Residential applications

Residential applications apply to new houses on a single lot, whether they are sewered or unsewered. These include Class 1a dwellings, duplexes, demountable buildings, bathroom PODs and single Class 10a buildings.

Building inspector with a clipboard

Concurrency applications

A concurrency application is required if you are carrying out building work to add one or more bedrooms in a non-sewered area with an on-site sewerage facility.A concurrency report must be submitted to show the existing onsite sewerage facility can cope with the extra load generated by the extra bedroom/s.

Plumbing plans

Amended applications

An amended application is required when multiple or significant changes are made to the original approved plans of any application type by an applicant, owner or responsible person.


Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page