banner image
Plumbing and drainage

City of Gold Coast regulates and assesses residential and commercial plumbing and drainage to ensure compliance with legislation and minimise health and safety risk.

National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Plumbing compliance

Report plumbing problems

To report illegal and general plumbing problems within property boundaries you can use the online form on our Report a problem – Development compliance page.

Alternatively, you can use the Plumbing and Drainage Customer request form below or contact us by phone on 07 5667 5977 or email

For enquiries outside a private property boundary, contact Gold Coast Water on 1300 000 928 or 07 5667 5801.

Reporting other water related problems online:

Licensed Plumbers and Drainers

Rectifying defective or non-compliant work can be far more expensive than the original cost. As a consumer, using an appropriately qualified plumber or drainer will help to protect you and your family as well as your bank account.

For more information, visit the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) website. You can contact QBCC on 13 93 33 or email

Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page