banner image
Spotted something that needs attention?

Complete our online request form to have your issue investigated.

National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Report a problem - Graffiti, rubbish and illegal dumping

For more information on your problem, or to make a report online, please select from the list below.


Graffiti is a crime of wilful damage under the Queensland Criminal Code Act 1899 (s469). City of Gold Coast supports a ‘rapid removal’ policy for graffiti, where offensive graffiti is given priority and is usually removed within one working day.

If you notice any offensive graffiti, please call us on 07 5667 5974 to have it removed as soon as possible.

City maintenance officers can remove graffiti from structures on public land. The City also offers a free service to remove graffiti from private property, provided that the damage is accessible from public land (e.g. boundary fences).

As of 1 July 2010, the City no longer requires written consent of property owners prior to removing publicly visible graffiti. This is in accordance with State Government legislation under the Summary Offences Act 2005, and means that City officers can remove graffiti more quickly for our community. If we do happen to remove graffiti on your property as a part of this service, our team will leave you a notice to let you know.

Visit our Graffiti page for more information on how to remove graffiti from your property, including where to obtain our free graffiti removal kits.

Report non-offensive graffiti online

Alternatively, you can call our Graffiti Hotline on 07 5667 5974, download our mobile app or email

Illegal dumping

Illegal dumping is the unlawful deposit of any type of domestic, commercial or industrial waste of 200 litres (about the volume of an average wheelie bin) or more. Common types of illegal dumping include:

  • household rubbish and garden waste being discarded in the local park
  • household goods (such as whitegoods, TVs, mattresses and furniture) being left on the footpath
  • discarding tyres, chemical drums and paint tins on the roadside verge
  • driving into bushland, parks and City of Gold Coast reserves and dumping materials.

Illegal dumping is an offence under the Waste Reduction and Recycling Act 2011. City of Gold Coast can investigate rubbish that has been illegally dumped on public land such as footpaths, parks, reserves, bushland and in canals.

Please follow the step below before making a report to the City:

  1. Can you identify the vehicle/vessel involved in the illegal dumping? If so, visit the State Department of Environment and Science, who offer an online littering and illegal dumping reporting system. The Department may issue a prescribed infringement notice (PIN) to the registered owner of the vehicle/vessel based on your report.
  2. If you are unable to identify the vehicle/vessel involved, please use the online reporting form below to report the issue to us.

* For illegally dumped rubbish that poses a risk to public safety please call us immediately on 07 5667 5991.

Report illegal dumping


City officers can issue warnings or on the spot fines to people observed littering or those potentially creating litter on our roads by not securing their loads.

The State Department of Environment and Science offers a littering and illegal dumping online reporting (LIDOR) system where those who have witnessed a littering or illegal dumping incident from a motor vehicle, trailer or vessel (where a registration number is known and observed by the reporter) can report it to the department. The department may issue a penalty infringement notice (PIN) to the registered owner of a vessel/vehicle based on your report. Incidents are best reported using the LIDOR system and only by witnesses that are willing to testify in court.

If unable to access the electronic form via the LIDOR system, witnesses of littering and illegal dumping incidents can request to have a reporting form mailed to them by contacting 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Abandoned shopping trolleys

Please contact the following organisations for abandoned shopping trolleys that can be identified:

For shopping trolleys with no identifiable markings that have been abandoned on public land, please notify the City by completing our online form below.

Report an abandoned shopping trolley

Alternatively, you can call us on 07 5667 5991.

Missed bin collection

Unsure of your bin collection day? Please use our Bin day finder to find out when your bin will be collected.

If your bin collection has been missed, please call us on 07 5667 5976 between 8am and 5pm to have this problem investigated.

We ask that you include your contact details, address, bin type and any possible reason that the bin may not have been emptied. There are several reasons why a bin does not get collected, the main ones being:

  • the bin was not put out in time (bins should be out for collection by 6am)
  • the bin was not able to be reached by the truck (cars parked in front or other obstructions)
  • the bin is overfull or contains materials that are not allowed (see the 'Filling your bins' drop-drown section of our Residential bin collection page for more information)
  • driver error.

Place your bin kerbside at your earliest convenience and our contractors will return as soon as possible.

Damaged or stolen bin

The online form below can be used for requests to: repair damaged bins that are broken or missing parts; replace missing/stolen bins; remove offensive graffiti.

Cleaning, removing odours and other cosmetic issues related to bins are the responsibility of the user. Graffiti removal kits are available free of charge from our Customer Service Centres for bins that have been vandalised with general graffiti.

Residential bins

Please complete our online form below to request a repair or replacement for your residential bin.

Request a repair or replacement bin

Alternatively, you can let us know by calling 07 5667 5976.

Commercial bins: Please call 07 5667 5976 if your commercial bin needs repaired or replaced.

Public rubbish bins at beaches, parks and streets that require emptying or repairing can be reported by completing our online form below.

Report a problem with a public rubbish bin

Alternatively, you can call us on 07 5667 5974.

Public rubbish bins

Public rubbish bins at beaches, parks and streets that require emptying or repairing can be reported by completing our online form below.

Report rubbish and litter

Alternatively, please call us on 07 5667 5974.

Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page