banner image
Gold Coast parks

Surrounded by beautiful parks with BBQ, picnic and playground facilities, the Gold Coast has a park for everyone.

National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Park bookings

Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) updates

Parks remain open with visitors encouraged to take recommended health and social distancing precautions.

Restrictions are currently in place for movement and gatherings in Queensland. As a result, park bookings are currently only being accepted for weddings and social gatherings that have guest numbers in line with the Queensland Government Roadmap to Easing Restrictions. If the event is being run in its entirety by a business that operates under the COVID Safe Framework, please provide business name at time of booking. 

For the latest update on the City's response, visit

The community is welcome to use Gold Coast parks and reserves for special gatherings such as wedding ceremonies, parties and events. Some of these uses will require approval and relevant permits. Appropriate fees/charges will be applied. If applicable, park fees will be invoiced after City officers assess your application. Please be reminded that consumption of alcohol in a public park is not permitted under State Government legislation.

Booking information

Parks and Recreational Services are currently experiencing a high volume of applications and significantly longer processing times for Wedding and Social Gathering applications. Please allow 10 days for an approval to be processed from application. Last minute bookings may not be accepted.

couple having a wedding kiss

Wedding ceremonies

To book a park for a wedding or commitment ceremony or renewal of vows, use our online form.

Unsure about where to get married? Check out our Park wedding locations page for some ideas.

group of mums hanging out in a park

Social gatherings and private functions

A booking is required for all social gatherings of over 50 people and any gathering where infrastructure will be brought onto the parklands (jumping castle, animal-related activity) regardless of number of attendees.

For further information, visit our Social park gatherings and private functions page where you can find our online booking form.

aerial shot of the food truck feast at broadwtare parklands

Community events

Are you looking to host your own community event? Events which are open to the public and held on City-controlled parkland require a permit from the City.

Visit our Event organisers page for application forms and guides to help with your event planning.

Broadwater Parklands

Broadwater Parklands

A booking is required for activities to be held at the Broadwater Parklands. Broadwater Parklands offer exclusive use areas.

Fees and charges may apply. Apply online to make a booking.

Kurrawa Terrace

Kurrawa Terrace

Kurrawa Terrace is the city’s first absolute beachfront-dedicated, fully serviced event space for unique outdoor functions.

Visit the Kurrawa Terrace venue bookings page for venue hire information and application forms.

Temporary access for private works

Temporary access for private works

If you need access to a park for private works including fencing, swimming pool installation, property landscaping, or removal of a vehicle from a property, you will need to make an application for temporary access.

Use our online application form.

Temporary access for scientific research

Temporary access for scientific research or native seed collection

If you need access to a park for scientific flora and fauna research, you will be required to make an application for access.

Use our online application form.

construction cranes in the skyline

Placement of infrastructure within park or open space

A booking is required for temporary occupation of a park for construction sites and traversing of parks by vehicles for construction purposes. An entry fee, bond and rental fee will apply. The application fee is non-refundable.

Use our online application form.

sports equipment layed out on the grass

Sports and recreation organisations

The City's Right of Use Program enables community organisations to lease sport and recreational facilities across the Gold Coast.

Find out more about applying for Sport Right of Use.

kids hands interlocked in a team cheer

School sport

Schools wishing to book facilities for sport are able to apply through the City's Right of Use program for the annual use of City sport and recreation facilities.

Find out more about applying for Sport Right of Use.

Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page