banner image
Gold Coast parks

Surrounded by beautiful parks with BBQ, picnic and playground facilities, the Gold Coast has a park for everyone.

National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Temporary access to parks for private works and infrastructure

Approval is required for all temporary access to residential or private property through City of Gold Coast controlled parkland.

This application may include a $148 fee and a refundable bond (to cover potential parkland damage) and will be subject to approval conditions. A ground entry fee is applicable to those applicants where a City officer is required to facilitate access or required to evaluate the site for bond reinstatement.

Temporary access will be considered for the following request types:

  • fence construction
  • swimming pool installation
  • property landscaping
  • scientific research
  • removal of boat or vehicle from property.

Use this online form to request temporary access to a park for private works.

Apply online

Please note: the application fee is non-refundable.

Temporary access for scientific research

Temporary access for scientific research will not require a fee; however, the research results are to be provided to the City’s Natural Areas Management Unit. The applicant must contact the Natural Areas Management Unit on 07 5581 1538 or email to confirm the reserve is safe, prior to entering. Our natural area reserves are subject to wild and prescribed fires, pest management control measures, or may be closed for maintenance works.

More information

Please read the terms and conditions prior to completing the application form to ensure the correct form is being submitted, appropriate information is provided and you are aware of any fee, bonds, permits and/or conditions that may apply to your usage. A minimum of 10 working days is required for processing park usage applications. All details must be completed in order for the application to be processed. You will receive a payment request through email - if payment is not made within three working days prior to your temporary access commencements date we may not be able to process or approve your request.

Please note: Applications for 'major' works should not be submitted on this form.

Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page