Residential plumbing & drainage applications

Residential applications apply to the following property types:

  • a new house on a single lot (Class 1a dwelling)
  • dual occupancy (Class 1a or 2)
  • a shed or garage (single Class 10a building)
  • demountable building and bathroom pods.

How to apply

Use the relevant application form below to apply for either a sewered or unsewered residential application. A sewered property is serviced by sewerage infrastructure. An unsewered property is not serviced by sewerage infrastructure.

Fees apply. For information on fees, go to our online fee enquiry or the Register of fees & charges.


Step 1.Gather your documents

You will need to submit the following supporting information with your application:

  • Form 1
  • plans – site / floor / elevations
  • Soil Classification Report
  • Articulation Plan – if soil is Class H, E or P
  • payment of fees.

For unsewered applications, you will need to also submit a Site and Soil Evaluation Report (Effluent Disposal Report).

Step 2.Complete and submit our online form

Submit sewered application Submit unsewered application

Next steps

We will email you a receipt for your submission. The receipt includes a unique reference number. Use this number to track progress and quote when making enquiries.

A permit is issued within 2 business days for a sewered application, and up to 10 business days for an unsewered application.

If your application is approved, we will issue a permit for the work.

Book a site inspection. Onsite inspection requests must be made in accordance with section 63 of the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019.